Your bridgehead to new markets.
All our Programs share common critical resources:
- Our core competencies derived from our business experiences as private sector entrepreneurs adding value, creating new products and services, developing new markets with a deep understanding of 'what it takes' to succeed
- Add to this, two decades representing government agencies in Europe and Canada for investment attraction and helping their companies exploit new markets
- Our active international network of stakeholders and partners in government, agencies, institutions and companies across all our markets
- In-depth technical competency and experience across our served sectors.
For companies considering a European market presence for the first time, Accordo Partners offers progressive stages of market engagement up to risk free Market Entry ahead of any decision to open a permanent European office.
Intercontinental travel to new markets is costly, exhibiting in Europe for the first time can be a leap in the dark. Time, finance and personnel may be in short supply. But to enter new markets, initiating a process of market visibility is essential. So how best to maximise return and minimise risk?
- First cut option: Commission Accordo Partners to attend specialized European events to meet carefully researched sales prospects or agents, introduce Client products and services, assess responses, opportunities and recommend next steps
- Maximise return as a first time exhibitor: During the event, Accordo Partners introduces the Client to carefully researched European prospects and agents, provides market guidance, European context and helps develop next steps
- Post event follow-up: Accordo Partners provides in-market prospect follow-up and sales process continuity essential to closing the prospect
- European point of call: A local presence in the European Union with dedicated phone and fax numbers and address in either the United Kingdom or Germany.
With many European companies expecting local representation in making buying decisions, we recommend acting as a member of the Client's team, using the Client's collateral and business cards with European coordinates.
Entering foreign markets for the first time has risks and exposure to unexpected costs and commitments. Particularly true if launching the new venture includes opening offices and employing staff. In many European jurisdictions, rigid labour laws inhibit a flexible approach to managing staff. Employee wages can be inflated by over 30% of additional social security costs. And office leases may be difficult to exit. An expensive and potentially risky position as the sales pipeline is developed... or not.
Accordo Partners' Market Entry Program overcomes all of this with individually tailored fixed fee, fixed duration contracts which contain costs, eliminate employment and property liabilities during the critical 'go/no go' initial sales pipeline development period:
- We generate a 'first cut' listing of technically and commercially relevant prospects
- Get down 'on the street', knock on the right doors, generate sales pipeline exploiting Accordo Partners' stakeholder and technology networks accumulated over 30 years business activity in Europe and North America.
- Qualify prospects by introducing Client technology and agreeing business fit with the prospect's operations, propositions and end-to-end solutions
- With pre-qualified and engaged prospects, we develop key elements of the Client's 'value proposition' to secure commitment
- Bring in the Client for the 'Solution Definition' stage and close with committed prospects...
Fast developing global innovation, some driven by the exigencies of climate change, some by the rapid evolution in communications or technology, are opening the way to radical new business opportunities. These often demand collaboration across disciplines, research institutions, technology partners, countries and regions and, very often, need government financial support and other innovative financial resources.
Accordo Partners is practised in identifying and bringing partners together within this matrix, matching competencies, resources and capabilities. We work with our international network of stakeholders and partners in government, agencies, institutions and companies to deliver collaboration:
- Advanced Technology and Manufacturing including composites
- Alternative Energy technologies and projects
- Bioenergy project development and financing
- Biorefineries including biofuels, platform biochemicals and bioderivatives
- Smart Grid and Energy Management
- University-business collaboration in biosciences
- Digital media project development and cross-border partnering.
Between them, the Partners have worked over two decades for government and regional development agencies in North America and Europe attracting foreign direct investment and helping companies exploit new markets.
The Partners, before forming Accordo Partners, jointly generated, on average, foreign direct investment and trade opportunities of around one billion USD each year for a long term development agency client.
Accordo Partners provide investment and trade development services on a retainer or campaign basis to:
- Government and regional economic development agencies
- City economic development offices
- Trade associations and sector representative bodies
Services could include among other possibilities:
- Focused sector or event related fixed duration Investment Attraction campaigns
- Tailored Market Entry Programs for Agency sponsored or nominated SMEs
- Active Investment Attraction prospecting at Trade Shows
- Event and Seminar delivery including on-the-ground management, venue selection and set-up, recruitment and delivery
- Full Service' Investment Attraction program for region jurisdictions' priority sectors across Europe
Offset & Countertrade
Our long involvement in Canadian Industrial Regional Benefit (offset) programs engaging European land, air and naval defence contractors has put us in a strong position to help European contractors meet their offset obligations in other jurisdictions with defence equipment requirements. We believe proponents should start planning and identifying relevant scenarios to meet their offset obligations at the earliest opportunity, certainly no later than a successful outcome at the RFEI/EOI stage. Accordo Partners, working with our in-country partners, can make the crucial contribution to constructing a credible and comprehensive offset program essential for a successful bid:
- Advising Clients on target country Offset and Countertrade (O&C) environment, regulations and statutes
- Jointly developing Client O&C strategies and tactics
- Identifying target country O&C technology and collaborative opportunities
- Developing direct and indirect offset and supply chain options jointly with the Client
- Initiating and managing in-country O&C contacts and meetings
- Monitoring progress, fulfillment and compliance of O&C projects
Canada has consistently outperformed the G7 over the last decade in GDP growth, with a financial system recognized as among the soundest in the developed world. Moreover, combined Federal and Provincial corporate taxes have fallen to between 25% to 27%, depending on the province, but among the lowest in the G7.
With its highly stable financial and political environment, Canada is a very welcoming jurisdiction for inward investment presenting outstanding equity, debt and project investment opportunities.
Accordo Partners has mandates to attract equity and project finance for a number of projects and invites European institutional investors, private equity, family offices and high net worth individuals interested in high quality investment opportunities in Canada to contact us:
- Renewable energy projects, including CHP, run-of-river and bioenergy projects
- CleanTech equity investment
- Port terminal investment
- Commercial and industrial property investment funds
- Resort development